ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Department of Botany Established in the year 1974 with a few students. Present strength of students is 150. The vision of the department is to enrich the values of locally available medicinal plants to rural students. The department has specious equped laboratory and departmental library with 150 Books.
Department organised two UGC sponsored National Level Seminar and for the Academic year 2016-2017 UGC sanctioned one day National level seminar. Department organises study tour for the collection of specimens and Herbarium and also maintains a Botanical Garden and has museum with rich collection of flora. Two of our alumni secured Gold medal for Botany in the year 2013-14 toMr.Chandan from University of Mysore.And KumariShambavi C.N has secured 3 Gold medals from the University of Mysore in the year of 2014-15.
||Associate Professor, HOD
||M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D
||click here to view
- Financial assistance to needy students.
- Felicitation to meritorious students.
- Mentor for 20 students by each faculty to monitor the all-round development.
- Introduction of senior students of our department who have been proved to be achievers in various fields.
- Creating awareness among students and public on sustainable utilization of natural resources.
- Creating awareness among students regarding the importance of biodiversity, improvement of water table and rain water harvesting.
- Creating of awareness among students and public on global issues like global warming, ozone depletion and others.
- To organize National and state level seminars/workshops.
- Creating of awareness among students and public on renewable energy resources like solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy and others.